Come grab a cup of coffee between services each Sunday and stay for our adult forums! These casual gatherings are filled with interesting topics and discussion. Join us in the Coffee House from 10:05am – 10:55am.
- Community Support Center Director Karen Meyers
- Abiding Savior is a local partner with the Community Support Center (CSC). The CSC works with people from our community who face eviction from their homes. The work of the CSC helps prevent evictions from happening and provides continuing support as participants work through issues that caused the financial crisis. In this interactive session led by Director Karen Meyer and Board President Iris McGinnis, you will “walk in the shoes” of one of the participants who faced multiple difficulties and barriers that led to her financial crisis. Audience members will be asked to actively participate to gain an understanding of how this situation arose. Then you will see how CSC intervened to prevent the eviction and help the family get back on their feet. Come learn more about combating homelessness in our local community.
- Christians in the Birthplace of Jesus: The state of Christianity in Palestine by Micheal Zoughbi, Palestinian Christian
- We are pleased to welcome back to Abiding Savior Micheal Zoughbi, a Christian Palestinian from Bethlehem, will share with us about the current situation facing Palestinian Christians living in the Israeli occupied West Bank city of Bethlehem. Michael also travels to promote The Olivewood Project which supports Christian woodcarvers in Bethlehem, many of whom cannot travel, conduct business or see their families because of the current political tensions and challenges that they face. Michael brings their beautiful carvings directly from Bethlehem bringing more funds to the carvers by cutting out greedy middle men who would normally take most of the profits. This is Michael’s third visit to Abiding Savior and he fears it might be his last trip to the United States. Come and learn more about life as a Christian in Bethlehem, the birthplace of Jesus.
- Tanzania Sunday
- This summer 10 members from our congregation spent two weeks in Tanzania visiting our partner congregation, the Makungu Parish. Join these travelers to hear about their journey, friendships developed, and experiences in this beautiful country.
- Rev. Patricia Lull, Bishop of the St. Paul Area Synod
- We are honored to welcome Bishop Patricia Lull to Abiding Savior. Bishop Lull will be our guest preacher at both services and will be sharing in Adult Forum that morning. Abiding Savior is active in the work of the greater church done in the city of St. Paul and the eastern suburbs through the St. Paul Area Synod. Bishop Lull will share inspiring stories of the work of God carried out through Abiding Savior partnered with the other congregations in the synod. Join us to welcome Bishop Lull and to learn more about the mission of God we help to carry out together through the St. Paul Area Synod.