In 2023 our church building at Abiding Savior will be 50 years old! Our building is a blessing and we are called by God to be good stewards of this facility. Through the work done in and through the building, our lives and the lives of many in the community are made better.
Just like any other building, including our own homes, our church building and grounds need to be maintained and updated. Without this maintenance, our center for ministry will begin to deteriorate to the point where the needed improvements will cost thousands more to complete down the road.
In order to be good stewards of our building and to keep our center for mission vibrant, Abiding Savior is embarking on a capital campaign to carry out some much needed updating, improvements, and deferred maintenance. Projects in this capital campaign include:
- A new electronic reader board sign on Red Oak Drive
- Updating and improving our HVAC including a new air conditioning unit for the office area and updated thermostat controls for the entire building
- Updating our fire and smoke detection systems throughout the building
- Filling cracks in our parking lot, sealing the parking lot and restriping the parking spaces
- Tuckpointing and power washing the brick exterior of the building
- New phone system for the offices
- Re-lamping our Sanctuary and adding a updated light dimmer system
- A 10% benevolence given to organizations and projects outside our walls
- A building reserve fund for future maintenance
The Abiding Here for 50 Years Capital Campaign is a two year campaign with a goal of raising $250,000. With sensible improvements and good stewardship of our building, we can ensure that Abiding Savior continues to do the work and will of God in this community and beyond.
You are invited to read through our Abiding Here for 50 Years booklet and watch our video below to learn more about the importance of our building, the ministries that have, are, and will happen here, and details about the projects included in this campaign!
Make a pledge or donation!
We need everyone’s help to reach our goal of raising $250,000 to make these much needed capital improvements to the church building, our center for mission and ministry. No funds will be financed for this campaign and the projects will be prioritized and paid for when the funds are secured.