Our long-awaited visit to our partner parish in Makungu is happening. The planned dates are July 29 – August 11 with 9 members of our congregation making the trip and many more helping to coordinate the trip and fundraising efforts! Check out our Makungu, Tanzania page for more information about the trip and efforts to support the group!
Growing Through Loss is a grief and loss support ministry. The coalition hosts two six week series each year at various locations that address both the educational as well as support aspects of a variety of loss and grief issues:
- the death of a loved one
- a broken relationship
- a divorce or separation
- pregnancy or infant loss
- a job loss or change
- a move to anew home or city
- a loved one who needs your support
The Spring series begins on Tuesday evenings, April 16th – May 21st from 6:45pm – 9:00pm here at Abiding Savior.
- April 16: Characteristics of Grief
- April 23: The Transformative Nature of Grief
- April 30: Honest Hope Even While Grieving
- May 7: Taking Care of You: A Part of the Grief Journey
- May 14: Grief and the Family
- May 21: Where is God in My Suffering
For more information, visit: http://www.growingthroughloss.org/
It’s time to register for our 2019-2020 preschool year! Visit Register for Preschool 2019-2020 to register online.
Abiding Savior Preschool offers two aged based classes:
4 Year Old Class (child must be 4 by Sept. 1st)
- Monday, Wednesday, and Friday
9:15 AM – 12:00 PM
- Tuition: $140/month
3 Year Old Class (child must be 3 by Sept. 1st)
- Tuesday and Thursday
9:15 AM -12:00 PM
- Tuition: $100/month
Should you wish to schedule a visit to the preschool, simply contact our Director, Denise Lewandowski at:
Join us Wednesdays at Abiding Savior for an evening of good food, fellowship, worship, music, and education! Invite a friend or neighbor to any of the events of the evening!
- 4:30 – 6:15: Dinner
- May 1: Potato Salad with Hot Dogs
- May 8: Pork Loin, Mashed Potatoes and String Bean Casserole
- May 15: Tacos (final Wednesday Night Dinner of the spring — see you in the fall!)
- 5:00 – 5:30: Celebration Ringers (grades 3 – 12)
- 5:30 – 6:00: POWER Up (grades 2 – 5)
- 5:30 – 6:00: King’s Messengers choir (age 3 – grade 1)
- 6:00 – 6:30: POWER Up (age 4 – grade 1)
- 6:00 – 6:30: WWJD choir (grades 2 – 5)
- 6:00 – 6:30: Reigning Grace (contemporary worship band)
- 6:30 – 7:00: Wednesday Worship
- 6:30 – 8:00: Confirmation
- 6:30 – 8:00: High School Youth Group
- 7:00 – 8:00: Adult Choir
Thrivent members can direct where their Thrivent Choice dollars will go each year. You can direct yours to Abiding Savior as a non-profit and MAKE A DIFFERENCE in the mission and ministries of Abiding Savior.
It’s easy! Call 800-847-4836 and when prompted, say “Thrivent Choice®.” 2. Press 1 to direct Choice Dollars. A representative will work with you to direct Choice Dollars.
You have the power to recommend where Thrivent Financial gives back!