Lent begins with Ash Wednesday worship on February 26th and continues every Wednesday through April 1st. Services are at 4:00 and 6:30 with a soup supper served in the Fellowship Hall 4:30 to 6:30.
The theme for our Wednesday evening Lenten services is “Go and Do Likewise”. This phrase is taken from the parable of the Good Samaritan telling us all to show mercy and love to our neighbors. The services will all feature stories of Jesus sharing love and forgiveness and teaching us about the importance of following his example of service. The services following Ash Wednesday will include liturgy from the Holden Evening Prayer service and include a short reflection.
Please join us for worship and soup supper. All are welcome!
Our soup supper menus are as follows:
- Wednesday, February 26th:
- Chicken Wild Rice with proceeds benefiting the El Salvador Mission Trip
- Wednesday, March 4th:
- TBD with proceeds benefiting the Tanzania Scholarship Fund
- Wednesday, March 11th:
- Vegetable Beef with proceeds benefiting an outreach of the Brunch Crew
- Wednesday, March 18th:
- OPEN – Contact the office to sign up to serve soup this night!
- Wednesday, March 25th:
- Beef Barley with proceeds benefiting Camp Wapo
- Wednesday, April 1st:
- Chili with proceeds benefiting an outreach of Lydia Circle