Abiding Savior is partnering with Ralph Reeder Food Shelf to collect some of their ‘most needed items’ now through November 15th. We’ve signed up to collect ‘easy mac’ (microwavable macaroni and cheese cups). Please drop off your donations in the collection box near the church office and thanks in advance for helping our neighbors in the weeks leading up to Thanksgiving!
We give thanks to God as we gather together as a community to give thanks to God for providing for our needs, surrounding us in steadfast love and faithfulness day after day and for the gifts of grace, love, forgiveness, hope and life.
All are invited to a community Thanksgiving eve worship service at Abiding Savior. There will be a combined choir from Abiding Savior, Atonement, and Cross of Glory Lutheran. Following the service there will be a PIE SOCIAL! Join us for this time of fellowship with our neighbors!
If you would like to bring a pie, you can drop it off before the service.
**A combined choir practice will be held at Abiding Savior on Wednesday, November 20th at 7:00pm.
Be sure to join us for any (or all) of our Wednesday evening activities this fall:
- 4:30—6:30pm Dinner served
- 11/13/19: Turkey A la King over Biscuits
- 11/20/19: Scalloped Potatoes with Ham
- 12/04/19: Hamburger Gravy over Mashed Potatoes
- 12/11/19: Carl’s Hot Dish – Beef Stroganoff
- 12/18/19: Pizza Hot Dish
- 5:00—5:30pm Celebration Ringers (grades 3-12)
- 5:30—6:00pm King’s Messengers Choir (3yrs-1st grd)
- 5:30—6:00pm POWER Up (grades 2-5)
- 6:00—6:30pm WWJD Choir (grades 2-5)
- 6:00—6:30pm POWER Up (4yrs – 1st grade)
- 6:00—7:00pm Reigning Grace Worship Band
- 6:30—7:00pm Wednesday Worship
- 6:30—8:00pm Confirmation
- 6:30—8:00pm High School Youth Group
- 7:00—8:00pm Adult Choir
Wednesday Worship is our worship service on Wednesday evenings at 6:30 in the Fellowship Hall. This exciting worship service is less than half an hour long, family and kid friendly, and totally relaxed. We will be singing songs, praying together, hearing God’s Word and a short reflection from one of the pastors, and sharing communion weekly.
Why a Wednesday Worship service?
- There are over 200 people in our church building every Wednesday night! Wednesday Worship will gather us together as a community of faith across all generation.
- Many families and individuals find it hard to come to worship on Sunday mornings for a variety of reasons.
- We can all use a mid-week refresher and time to spend with God!
- Confirmation Youth and Power-Up kids will be weekly participants
- Wednesday Worship is something new and creative in worship.
- Bring your dinner to worship, sit with friends, meet new people, grow in faith, share as a community
- Kids are not required to sit and be perfectly behaved!
- Many churches with similar Wednesday night activities and participation have started Wednesday worship services and found them meaningful and relevant.
Wednesday Worship is not the same as Sunday worship. The format is different and the message is original. Therefore, even if you regularly attend worship on Sunday, Wednesday Worship will be fresh and new. If you are looking for something different to better meet your spiritual needs or those of your family, Wednesday Worship offers an opportunity to try something new and innovative.
There’s still time to register for our 2019-2020 preschool year! Visit Register for Preschool 2019-2020 to register online.
Abiding Savior Preschool offers two aged based classes:
4 Year Old Class (child must be 4 by Sept. 1st)
- Monday, Wednesday, and Friday
9:15 AM – 12:00 PM
- Tuition: $140/month
3 Year Old Class (child must be 3 by Sept. 1st)
- Tuesday and Thursday
9:15 AM -12:00 PM
- Tuition: $100/month
Should you wish to schedule a visit to the preschool, simply contact our Director, Tracy Nicholls at:
Come grab a cup of coffee between services each Sunday and stay for our adult forums! These casual gatherings are filled with interesting topics and discussion. Join us in the Coffee House from 10:05am – 10:55am.
- Community Support Center Director Karen Meyers
- Abiding Savior is a local partner with the Community Support Center (CSC). The CSC works with people from our community who face eviction from their homes. The work of the CSC helps prevent evictions from happening and provides continuing support as participants work through issues that caused the financial crisis. In this interactive session led by Director Karen Meyer and Board President Iris McGinnis, you will “walk in the shoes” of one of the participants who faced multiple difficulties and barriers that led to her financial crisis. Audience members will be asked to actively participate to gain an understanding of how this situation arose. Then you will see how CSC intervened to prevent the eviction and help the family get back on their feet. Come learn more about combating homelessness in our local community.
- Christians in the Birthplace of Jesus: The state of Christianity in Palestine by Micheal Zoughbi, Palestinian Christian
- We are pleased to welcome back to Abiding Savior Micheal Zoughbi, a Christian Palestinian from Bethlehem, will share with us about the current situation facing Palestinian Christians living in the Israeli occupied West Bank city of Bethlehem. Michael also travels to promote The Olivewood Project which supports Christian woodcarvers in Bethlehem, many of whom cannot travel, conduct business or see their families because of the current political tensions and challenges that they face. Michael brings their beautiful carvings directly from Bethlehem bringing more funds to the carvers by cutting out greedy middle men who would normally take most of the profits. This is Michael’s third visit to Abiding Savior and he fears it might be his last trip to the United States. Come and learn more about life as a Christian in Bethlehem, the birthplace of Jesus.
- Tanzania Sunday
- This summer 10 members from our congregation spent two weeks in Tanzania visiting our partner congregation, the Makungu Parish. Join these travelers to hear about their journey, friendships developed, and experiences in this beautiful country.
- Rev. Patricia Lull, Bishop of the St. Paul Area Synod
- We are honored to welcome Bishop Patricia Lull to Abiding Savior. Bishop Lull will be our guest preacher at both services and will be sharing in Adult Forum that morning. Abiding Savior is active in the work of the greater church done in the city of St. Paul and the eastern suburbs through the St. Paul Area Synod. Bishop Lull will share inspiring stories of the work of God carried out through Abiding Savior partnered with the other congregations in the synod. Join us to welcome Bishop Lull and to learn more about the mission of God we help to carry out together through the St. Paul Area Synod.