- What: Love the wilderness? Fishing? Canoes? Being in God’s great outdoors with your friends making s’mores around a fire? We will be taking 3 groups (9 person maximum) into entry point #16 (Nina Moose).
- Who: Students currently in 8th Grade is minimum age.
- Where: Ely, MN and Entry Point 16 to Canadian Border.
- When: July 27th, Tuesday we will drive up after dinner and get to Ely and spend the night. 28th we head out on trail and then get off the water the morning of August 1st and head home (arrival around 5pm).
- Why: Awe. Wonder. Beauty. Creation. Fellowship. Adventure.
- Cost: TBD $40 deposit and Youth Release Form required to hold your spot. Please register by May 31st!
- Bring: Full pack list will be coming but you will need your own sleeping bag & pad, canoe pack, clothes, tent, personal plate/spoon/cup set, and lifestraw water filter bottle.
- Provided: ASLC will provide (through outfitting) kevlar canoe, paddle, all food and camp kitchen, maps, permits and legal documents, and leaders/canoe guides with a combined 50+ years of experience. We will also provide spirituality content, first word, bible study, prayer and more.
COVID NOTICE as of March 2021:
We don’t have, and don’t feel like we can provide, all the answers yet as to how some of the details will work (Especially around transportation). We are hopeful that all adults going on this trip will be fully vaccinated. We will keep you informed as we get closer and feel like we better understand the situation this summer (and/or if we need to cancel this trip). We have 3 permits for these dates and mostly wanted to make sure everyone knows that we HOPE to do this trip IF AND ONLY IF it is safe. The nature of these trips is 100% outdoors and groups no larger than 9 people (27 Total people, 3 groups of 9) which is great – our biggest question now is transportation. Each family unit (siblings, spouses, etc) will be in their own tents (no group tents).
Interested? At this time we are simply asking that you send an email to Brad@abidingsavior.org letting us know you want to be put on the sign up list. You are not obligated by doing this to anything! All deposits are refundable.