What is the Mission Endowment Fund of Abiding Savior Lutheran Church?
Our church Constitution states that the Endowment exists for the purpose of enhancing the mission outreach of this congregation apart from the general operation of this congregation, and that no funds from the Endowment shall be used for the annual operation budget of this congregation.
Who benefits from the Endowment Fund?
Once a year the Endowment Fund makes grants through a granting process to individuals, ministries, or organizations inside or outside of Abiding Savior totaling 4.25% of the fund balance. So far almost $40,000 in grants have been awarded!
How will the funds from the Endowment Fund be used for ministry?
- Outreach into the community and synod, including, but not limited to, grants to ELCA seminaries, colleges, or students attending such schools.
- Social service agencies, institutions and agencies to which this congregation relates.
- Special programs designed for those persons in our parish area who are in spiritual and/or economic need.
- Missions of the ELCA in this continent and worldwide, including but not limited to, grants for ELCA new congregational development in North America.
- Grants for professional leadership, educational ministries, global mission, ecumenism, evangelism, social ministries, and capital financing.
- Capital improvements, debt reduction, or a building program at Abiding Savior Lutheran Church.
Why should I give to the Mission Endowment Fund?
- To carry on the work of God done in and through Abiding Savior for generations to come.
- To leave a legacy of faith and generosity.
- Your gift is secured and can only be used for ministry according to the Endowment guidelines now and in the future.
- To claim a charitable gift income tax deduction now or for your heirs.
- Capital gains tax may be totally or partially avoided on certain gifts.
- Estate and gift taxes may be reduced.
How can I make a gift to the Mission Endowment Fund of Abiding Savior Lutheran Church?
Ways to give include, but are not limited to:
- Bequests made through a charitable gift provision in your will or trust.
- Life insurance gifts through the assignment of life insurance policies naming Abiding Savior as the beneficiary.
- Creating a charitable gift annuity, charitable remainder trust, or donor advised fund naming Abiding Savior as a beneficiary.
- Outright gifts of cash, stock and real estate.
Giving is simple and joyful!
When you make or revise your Will or Trust to review your life insurance contracts or retirement funds, please consider Abiding Savior as one of your beneficiaries using the following language:
I bequeath__% (or $___) of my estate to Abiding Savior Lutheran Church located at 8211 Red Oak Drive, Mounds View, MN, 55112, designated for the Mission Endowment Fund of Abiding Savior Lutheran Church.
How is the Mission Endowment Fund Managed?
The funds in the Abiding Savior Mission Endowment Fund are managed by the ELCA Foundation, which manages over $1,007,925,893 in endowment funds for churches and other non-profits. The primary responsibilities of this committee are to be the custodians of the Fund and be responsible for the solicitation of bequests.
For more information about the Mission Endowment Fund please contact the Abiding Savior church office at 763-784-5120.