If you haven’t been and live in Minnesota it is a must do experience!
Cost: $25 deposit required by January 15th, 2017. TBD but it won’t be much. Don’t let this stop you from coming.
Who: The most important part right? Current 8th graders through college/early 20s are invited to join us. 9 people max per site is the law so we will have 2-3 groups of 9 going up. Please request whose group you want to be a part of for the trip. Leaders: Gary Engen, Jim Schlotterback, Curt Johnson, Maren Hawkins, Brad Mills, Ron Huesman, … that’s right we got all the seasoned pros (Jim S. is like guru status!).
When: It’s a long weekend we will figure out times but like anything with the BWCA it will be crack of dawn pot of coffee early every day!
Where: Jim S. will tell us which entry point. Like I said… Guru. Ill update this when we get it nailed down. We will stay on the United States side though (no Quetico this time).
Why: Ask me why. Ask Gary, Ron, Maren, Curt… Better yet ask Jim he has been there more times than all of us put together. Just trust me on this one. You will want to be on this trip most def!
Recommended reading before we go:
Pack List: Here is some stuff in general you will need to start scrounging for. Ask for some for your birthday, holidays, etc.!
- Good Pack. Like a Duluth pack or a nice hiking backpack. You need to put everything you are bringing in this one pack!
- Tent (we will share but think lightweight)
- Personal bowl/spoon/knife/coffee mug
- No cotton clothing… trust me, break out the spandex and lycra!
- Hiking boots and sandals
- Fishing pole/gear. Go lightweight, no massive tackle boxes please. Get a license if you need it too.
- Bear Grylls knife. Get at least a 12″ blade that you can carry in your mouth while climbing up 30′ spruce trees… well, if you are Curt Johnson do this anyway…
- Tree saw
- Stove/pots/pans/etc 1 set per group