- Worship is at the heart of all we do as Christians. At Abiding Savior, worship is meaningful and inspiring. On Sundays at Abiding Savior, people of all ages and all walks of life come together to praise God and to grow in faith, whether in-person or online. Through worship we hear God’s word to us, bring our prayers and concerns to God, receive the good news that we are loved, freed and forgiven children of God, and recharge our spiritual batteries to go out and serve God during the rest of the week. Come as you are, we are expecting you!
10:00 AM Summer Outdoor Worship (June 5 through Labor Day)
- For the third consecutive summer we will be moving outside for summer worship services weather permitting.
- These services take place in the backyard of the church outside the east entrance.
- Bring your own lawn chair or blanket and find a shady spot under the tall oak trees. There will also be seating available on the cement pad (Brad’s Pad) for those who prefer not to navigate the ups and downs of the backyard.
- In case of inclement weather or the threat of inclement weather, we will move our worship service indoors to the Sanctuary.
For Indoor Worship Services/Gatherings
At its meeting on March 8, 2022 the Congregational Council accepted the recommendation of the Reopening Task Force calling for the following:
- While inside the Abiding Savior building, mask/face coverings are optional for everyone but recommended for those who are unvaccinated or at high-risk for complications associated with COVID-19.
• All other current mitigation strategies will remain in place.
—We continue the practice of keeping every other pew in the Sanctuary roped off to provide for social distancing from other people.
—Outside groups allowed to use our facility are required to follow Abiding Savior’s COVID policies.
—Knowing that fellowship around food is at the heart of our congregation we encourage the continuation of indoor dining with the following requirements:
▪ That all food be served by servers wearing masks and gloves.
▪ Buffet lines or self-serving food are prohibited. Self-serving beverages are
▪ We will continue the spacing of seats and tables in the Fellowship Hall and
other spaces used for indoor dining.
- Staff, members and visitors who test positive for COVID-19 must wear a mask if they choose to enter the church building on days six through 10 of their quarantine.
- As conditions change, Abiding Savior Lutheran Church may temporarily return to required masking, if necessary, based on CDC COVID-19 Community Levels, as found on cdc.gov.
- As always, staff, members and visitors are reminded to stay home when they are ill.
In an effort to ensure we are doing our part to keep everyone safe, we hope you can understand and support these current recommendations at Abiding Savior. If you have any questions or concerns please contact Pastor Ryan at email@example.com.