Sunday Adult Forums are speaker-led inspirational and educational sessions for listening and sharing and meet the 1st, 3rd, & 4th Sundays during the Education Hour (10:05-10:55 AM) from Labor Day through Memorial Day. If you have any suggestions for Adult Forum topics, please contact Pastor Ryan.
- CPR/AED Training
- Come and learn more about how to perform CPR and to use and AED (Automated External Defibrillator). This training is for everyone who wants a refresher on these lifesaving procedures, and it is especially encouraged that all ushers attend. We have an AED in the church building, and they are common wherever groups of people gather. Know how to save the life of another person simply by attending this training.
- Mission Endowment Sponsored Brunch
- Come and enjoy good food and fellowship during brunch in the Fellowship Hall. This brunch is offered free of charge as a thank you from the Mission Endowment Fund of Abiding Savior.
- Endowments: Every Gift Matters! by Pastor Ryan Brodin
- You might think that giving to an Endowment is for wealthy people. Not true! Thank goodness it is not only rich people making gifts at Abiding Savior because we are not a congregation full of wealthy people! But when we work together God does amazing things in and through our congregation. The Mission Endowment Fund grows because of the generosity and planning of many, not just a few. Together our gifts to the Endowment grow the principal which in turn is invested and grows as well. Your planned gift or gift of cash or stocks makes a difference. Already we are granting over $6,000 a year from the Endowment. Come and learn more about the Endowment, how the Endowment is set up, and most importantly, how you can leave a lasting gift that will be used to continue God’s work in and through our congregation for generations to come.
March 22 & March 29
- NAMI Minnesota Presentations on Mental Health
- We all know someone who suffers from mental illness. Mental health issues are quickly becoming a crisis in our community and society. NAMI Minnesota (National Alliance on Mental Illness) is a non-profit organization dedicated to improving the lives of children and adults with mental illnesses and their families. For over 40 years, NAMI Minnesota has worked to promote the development of community mental health programs and services, change public attitudes about mental illnesses, improve access to services and increase opportunities for recovery. NAMI Minnesota champions justice, dignity, and respect for all people affected by mental illnesses. Through education, support, and advocacy they strive to effect positive changes in the mental health system and increase the public and professional understanding of mental illnesses.
- We are blessed to have two presentations during the Adult Forum time on both March 22 and March 29. Join us for these important educational opportunities and join the discussion as together we learn more about mental health issues in our homes, community and society.
- In Our Own Voice presented by NAMI
- Understand the journey of people with mental illness who are in recovery. In Our Own Voice is a unique public education program in which two trained speakers share compelling personal stories about living with a mental illness and achieving recovery, demonstrating that there is hope for recovery for people with mental illnesses. The presentation includes personal stories and video clips, as well as offering an opportunity to ask questions. The In Our Own Voice program has touched many lives and is effective in reducing the stigma surrounding mental illnesses.
- Creating Caring Faith Communities: Five Things You Can Do presented by NAMI
- Join us to learn from trained professionals about mental illnesses, the impact of negative attitudes about mental illness, and five things each of us can do to make Minnesota a better place for people who experience a mental illness. You will also learn about NAMI Minnesota (National Alliance on Mental Illness) and its resources. Together we continue to make our church a welcoming and caring place for all people.
- Palm Sunday Fellowship Hour in the Coffee House
- Easter Breakfast in Fellowship Hall