Worship is at the heart of all we do as Christians. At Abiding Savior, worship is meaningful and inspiring. On Sundays at Abiding Savior, people of all ages and all walks of life come together to praise God and to grow in faith, whether in-person or online. Through worship we hear God’s word to us, bring our prayers and concerns to God, receive the good news that we are loved, freed and forgiven children of God, and recharge our spiritual batteries to go out and serve God during the rest of the week. Come as you are, we are expecting you!
10:00 AM Outdoor Worship through September 2020
During the COVID-19 pandemic, we are fortunate to have a gorgeous, large backyard area where we will be worshiping, weather permitting. Services will be a combination of traditional and contemporary worship styles. Please adhere to the following instructions:
- Bring chairs or blankets to sit on
- Please wear masks (while moving about)
- Use the restroom before coming to church; bathrooms will be available for emergencies, however
- No fellowship time; feel free to bring your own coffee!
- Please resist the temptation to hug or shake hands!
- Option to listen in your cars will be available via FM transmitter
Service will also be available online via Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/abidingsaviorlc/) and on our website: http://abidingsavior.org/OutreachPro/resources/watch-our-worship-services/
*If there is a chance of inclement weather, worship will be online.
10:00 AM Indoor In-person Worship beginning October 4, 2020
Abiding Savior will be starting indoor in-person worship services on October 4th in the Sanctuary at 10:00. These services will be carried out using a number of social distancing precautions as recommended by the Abiding Savior Re-Opening Task Force using the latest guidance from the Minnesota Department of Health.
Although we have been blessed to be together for outdoor worship these past few months, we do live in Minnesota and cannot stay outside through the winter. It is time for us to move indoors and to do so in a way that is safe for ourselves and our neighbors. Here are a few things to know about indoor worship at Abiding Savior that will help to keep us all safe:
- Services will still be streamed on Facebook Live for anyone who does not wish to attend in person
- Masks will be required
- Anyone who has been in contact with someone who has COVID or may have been exposed as well as those exhibiting any symptoms or COVID will not be allowed to attend worship in-person
- Signing in for worship online is preferred. You can access the sign up through your weekly email or on our website. You can also call the church office to sign in ahead of time. Although not preferred, there will be a sign in process in person on Sunday mornings. Signing in is a requirement of the Minnesota Department of Health for reasons of contact tracing
- There will be a 125 person capacity for worship which is about one quarter capacity for the Sanctuary
- Ushers will seat people and excuse people from designated socially distanced seating areas of the Sanctuary
- There will be no coffee or fellowship before or after worship
- Group singing and speaking in worship will be limited
- In-person services will be suspended if recommended by the Governor or the Minnesota Department of Health
- Services will be blended with music led by the organ, the band, or a combination of both
- Attendance at services is completely voluntary and each family will need to decide for themselves if they feel safe gathering for worship
- Communion will be offered at worship once a month
Know that we do not find this an ideal situation for worship. We are trying to provide the best possible worship experience that also recognizes the real dangers of COVID. Please be patient as together we discover the best way to move forward with worship during this pandemic.
ANYTIME ON FACEBOOK OR ON OUR WEBSITE
WELCOME FAMILIES AND CHILDREN!